Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What losers call adversity, winners call opportunity

Every day I wake up, either my loser or my winner wakes up with me and shapes my reaction to the day.  We all have a loser and a winner inside of us.  Adversity can be difficult and painful.  It can paralyze us to take no action or it can even cause us to take a road that will lead to more pain and destruction. 
The loser tells you to settle for a crumb, the winner tells you to reach for new heights.  The loser provides you the anxieties and tells you "you can't do it", the winner says "no pain, no gain... go for it".
I have a winner on one shoulder and a loser on the other shoulder.  I am getting better at ignoring my loser, even though he tries to sway my attitude frequently.  Today I let the winner tackle an intimidating project that I needed to accomplish and I got it done in record time!  Today I let the winner inside make a decision that I feared making.  I make a decision that will shape the rest of my life for the better or worse.  I choose to frame this "position elimination" as an opportunity for the winner in me to succeed.  I don't think I ever would have had the courage to make this decision for myself.. too risky.  I don't like risk.  I don't like fear.  I don't like rejection... at all.  Yet here I am leaving behind something that is at least steady and secure and following my dreams.  Yes, the winner in me dares to dream.  With action and faith, I believe I can make these dreams the reality of my future.  Every day gives me another opportunity to get closer to the place I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Julie, I was led to your blog, as I like to refer it, although others might say I stumbled onto you. That no longer matters because I’m here now and I too survived a layoff for over 2 1/2 years. I began reading your blog and I felt your kindred spirit along with every step, crushing and hopeful, perplexing and tearful. I can honestly say I was there. Thank you for your blog.

    I am on the road to recovery for several reasons and at the top of that list is my depth of spirit, my family and my friends. So, what I’m about to share with you might seem odd or completely from left field but I know there's a reason I’m here on your site sending you this message. The idea "found me" when I least expected it but needed it most. I'm happier than I’ve ever been and having overcome several obstacles that temporarily blinded me, I have known a different life from that moment to this one.

    Here's the link to my website. www.warren33.worldventures.biz

    I sincerely hope that you see as I’ve seen and allow yourself to get one stop closer to the life you born to live and deserve.

    Kindest Regards
    Warren
    americanbrit.blog.com

    ReplyDelete