Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fun and Joy

I spent today continuing to get educated on the tasks at hand.  I finished reading the book "The business of the 21st Century" by Robert T. Kiyosaki.  That book has given me some tools and the enlightenment to continue the journey of my life in a new path, after the devastating layoff last month.  It was relaxing and affirming to read.
I also read an entire book concerning blogging, so that I had a better knowledge base to work from.  When I started this blog, I relied only upon intuition, trial and error, and the assistance of my husband for some computer savvy.  I was almost afraid to read the blogging book, for fear of finding out I had done something wrong.  But as it turned out, all is well.  My plan is to start two more blogs of very different types in the next week or so.  I will share them when I get them established.
I think the thing that most made my day today was spending some quality family time with my littlest daughter and husband.  We went to an arcade, ate pizza, spent a few dollars in the arcade games and played laser tag.  The laser tag was almost as fun as the Laser Zombie Shoot I wrote about a few weeks ago.  There is something about being able to "shoot back" when being threatened or afraid that is quite empowering.
We giggled and danced on electronic dance machines (something that I really cannot do well at all).
I spent some time of the phone with a dear friend and built a fire when we returned home from the arcade and I realize tonight that it is NOT a job or title that defines me or gives me the kind of pleasure that matters.  It is the people in my life that matter most and even if there is less money to spend on life's luxuries, it will be worth it to spend more time with my 9 year old and with the rest of  those people that depend on me and love me.  I plan to focus on that priority during the up-coming holidays and not dwell in depression or despair.  There is much to be gained and I am thankful to have the opportunity to gain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment