Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hope

Today I return to work with some hope.  It sounds a bit small at first but if my dreams are to make money from my writing and have a successful semi-retirement in a few months, then I have my first little bit of hope.
My personal business plan is unconventional and risky for most people.  According to others, I am a risk taker and don't necessarily belong in the corporate world.  Now I suspect they really said that because I ride a Harley Softail and don't subscribe to the "normal" conventions or have the "normal" interests that they have.  But perhaps they have have a point.  I know that I have spent entirely too much energy trying to "fit" into the mold that was expected of me.  I also know that I apparently fell short of accomplishing a complete "fit".
So be it.
I will go my own way and pursue my own interests.  There is going to be an avenue opening for me so that I can do what makes me happy and still make enough money to meet my needs.  If it is not a corporate management job 9 - 5, then it will be something else.  If I don't try, I will never succeed.  If I have fear, it will paralyze me, and if I don't take risks, I will not realize the great rewards.  My new mantra will be "Never fear, Never quit"! 
Thanks to all of you who are reading my blog.  You are the ones that give me the hope and encouragement to keep on going today.  I hope that I can share a little encouragement and strength with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment