Sunday, November 7, 2010

I took that motorcycle ride

After some convincing by my husband, I made myself take that motorcycle ride.  I rode east on interstate 80, as fast as the speed limit would allow.  Then I rode slowly back towards home through town as the sun set.  I have to say I found a great deal of peace in that ride.  I allowed myself to do something that I enjoy and I loved every minute of it.  The feeling of riding my motorcycle is the closest thing to what I imagine the feeling of flying to be.  It is complete freedom while maintaining total control.  No one took my joy from me.  I will still have many many moments of joy in my life.
I am even ready to go back to work tomorrow.  I can do this. 
It may be much more able to finally get over these feelings when my 10 weeks is up and I don't have to go and pretend anymore.  I found a little bit of the real me today again, and I am not so bad.  I certainly do not deserve to be thrown away by anyone, nor feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment