Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Great friends are important!

I am fortunate to have some great friends in my life.  I think I will find even more true friends in my new quests.  One in particular, reached out to go to dinner with me tonight and shared a great deal with me.  She had a message of wisdom for me.  I think it will help me stay focused on the positive and keep the negative thoughts from taking control of me.  One of the interesting things she had to say was that we have no business wondering what others think of us.  It doesn't matter and we will never know.  The thoughts that we have that cripple us emotionally are only thoughts.  They don't matter and they can be distracted.  From now on, when I have negative, crippling thoughts, I will focus my thinking on something that makes me truly happy.  I look forward to more suppers with this wise friend.
My other friend and biggest supporter of late sent the following quote to me:

GREAT EXPECTATION PRECEDES GREAT SUCCESS
High expectation always precedes high achievement.  You're as small as your controlling desires, 
or as great as your dominant aspirations.
Once your mind stretches to a new idea it never goes back to its original dimensions.
Think little goals and you can expect little achievement.  Think big goals and you'll win big success.  
The first ingredient of your success is to dream a great dream.
You must dream big and think big to be big.
Thanks to 2 wonderful women, I am at piece tonight and I think it will last for awhile.  

 This is the book I have been reading to help expand my business head to allow me to feel free to take risks in order to start my new life as my own advocate, marketer, entrepreneur, and successful business woman without the risk of someone else removing my livelihood from me!  It is a good short read and definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment