Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I believe in myself and have faith in the Lord

I am making some risky decisions these days.  Abandoning the thought of conventional employment to pursue a dream is frightening.  I have faith in myself today.  I don't expect to get rich overnight, by any means, but there IS security in following my heart and there is serenity in my faith in the Lord and in myself.  I realize that others will look at me skeptically and that is ok.  Only the most important people in my life need to be in my corner.  The rest of the world really doesn't matter.  I do not have malice towards those that don't believe...  I understand.  I have been there.  My dream at one time was to climb a corporate ladder and make more money.  I did not understand those that wanted something different either.  My dream now is to be secure in different ways.  I have come to terms with the fact that I will have less money to spend.  Money does not seem as important to me as it once was, as it cannot buy security, self esteem or people who really love me.  The important thing now is my recovery back to a whole person and making sure my family's needs are met.  I am grateful that there will be enough money to meet our needs.  Will that mean we have less than we have now?  Yes, but certainly not less of the things that matter. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe in you too!....and I know you will come out of this to find yourself in a better place! --Paulette

    ReplyDelete