Monday, January 31, 2011

Cover Letters and Resumes - How to get noticed after a layoff

I have been curious as to why I have not gotten any calls for the many resumes I have sent to prospective employers. On occasion I have been told that my resume looked great, and even had some help to write it from an HR professional, but no one calls me.

I should have thought of this much before now, but I sat upstairs in a small office environment right next door to 3 of the HR professionals in our company. What drew them to interested applicants? Well, it wasn't what they looked like, because an applicants looks is only important once an interview can be obtained. Was it the resume? NO! The resume rarely even gets looked at by the HR screening staff.

It was the cover letter! There must be tricks to writing a good cover letter that will grab the attention of an HR professional that is weeding out the "top" 1/2 dozen applicants for interviews. The rest of the resumes don't even get seen by the hiring manager! So in my search to find products and books to help those of us looking for our next job after a devastating job loss, I researched cover letter writing and found this gem:



Click Here!



 
 
The new software program that automates your job hunt with the letters that get you interviews - instantly creates powerful cover letters in most any email or word program!

Cover letters from the
Job Hunting Authority

and Best Selling Author:
Phil Baker


This group of products designed to assist people to further their careers is under $30.00, so in my quest to match people with resources, I offer this one to you. If you do order this product and land the perfect job, leave a comment on this blog site.

No comments:

Post a Comment