Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I dare to dream!

I did not know what to expect from this journey through unemployment, but I can honestly say that I am recovering. I credit a few key decisions and elements around me with this recovery.
  • Specifically, my husband has remained my best friend. He encourages me, he enjoys me home, he has faith in me, he makes me feel smart and beautiful all the time, and he has supported me in finding my way and discovering my passions.
  • I have kept in close contact with people that build me up and not the ones who tear me down. I have stayed connected and reached out, even when I was afraid of rejection. Through this reaching out to others, I have gathered information, new support systems, and kept my faith in human-kind intact. I can't tell you enough that being surrounded with people is important.... do not isolate yourself.
  • I am focusing on my physical dimension.. I have been losing weight (23 pounds since being told I was laid off). The last 18 pounds have been through some amazing nutritional support products made by a company called Isagenix. For the last 6 weeks I have been following the program and ingesting these substances packed with herbal healing components and vitamins/minerals. Not only do I look thinner, I feel energized and healthy physically. I promote the use of Isagenix products to everyone I meet now. They are good for anyone, regardless of their weight, and I want to share this feeling with everyone. 
  • I made a decision when finances looked dim, to invest in myself through the above products, and thus have invested in my health and financial future. I am excited about this ongoing opportunity.
  • I have allowed myself to do what I love to do, while finding my passion in life. That is to write. I have been writing for small amounts of money on the internet and although it would not pay the bills, it has led to increase self esteem and a feeling of contribution to the family.
  • I have found a "class" about the 3 principles of mind, thought, and consciousness developed many years ago by Sydney Banks. I took a 3 day class (provided for by one of my dear friends - for which I will be forever grateful). This class helped me lift the emotional and mental cloud hanging over me and basically showed me a better way to deal with my own thoughts and the turmoil that has been in my head and heart for years.
  • Focus in the moment: I have focused on my children and family and tried to be there in the present when with them so that the time I have at home is quality time. This has turned out to be valued by all of us.
There is just so much more sharing to do! I know you don't need it all in one day so I will wait and share again later. Dare to make yourself a dream.  Find out what you really have a passion for, and figure out how to get paid for doing it! That is what I am dreaming these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment