Friday, October 29, 2010

Find a way to manage the anger

After three days of feeling totally powerless over my life, I found a moment of relief.  My husband and I took my 9 year old daughter to a haunted scream park.  We had to work our way through 2 horrible haunted houses, with monsters and ghouls jumping out at us, chasing us, and actually scaring me to death.  That only added to my overall feelings of helplessness and anxiety.......  UNTIL we went to the "Zombie Shoot".  I can't recommend it enough for anyone dealing with anger.  It was WONDERFUL!  We walked through a dark and ramshackle "trailer park", where people in scary zombie costumes went after you, chased you, jumped out and scared you...  basically made you want to pee your pants.  The great part about that walk through the scary trail was my rifle.  It was an automatic laser rifle that fit perfectly on my arm.  I pretended I was Angelina Jolie in her toughest mode and shot every single one of those monsters that scared me.  They fell to the ground when you shot them and I shot them a couple of extra times, even when they were down.   It was an empowering experience and I wish I could do it again!  I even had some evil little fantasies about who those zombies represented in my life.  You really should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment