Friday, February 11, 2011

My Anxiety is Reduced

Today I travel with a friend and former colleague to attend an overnight conference regarding some of the best nutritional products in the world. The name of the company is Isagenix, and I and my husband have been using the weight loss plan since Thanksgiving, right as I left my old job, as my position was eliminated. The products are most wonderful and we have realized a great weight loss since starting them. The beautiful thing about Isagenix is that it is easy to share with others, because it works, and it is a life-long commitment for many, not just used to lose weight. We plan to reach our goal weight loss and continue taking these nutritional supplements the rest of our lives, but this post is not really about Isagenix... even though I will provide you with thia link -
Isagenix
Feel free to check out the website if you are interested in these products, as they are providing me with additional income AND the ability to feel great and they can provide you the same. Just give me a call.

Anyway, the anxiety. Every other time I had to travel for business reasons, I would experience almost nauseating anxiety and social pressure. This trip is entirely different for me and I think I know why. When I traveled for my old company, even if traveling with friends, I always felt that I was not good enough or did not represent the company well enough. Where that came from, I can not tell you for sure. Did someone say it to me? Did I imagine it? All I knew was that there was a great deal of pressure to pretend to be something or someone that I was not.
Today I am ready to leave and meet new people and I do not have that same level of anxiety! Maybe it is not meeting new people or my inability to present myself well. Maybe it all relates to my ability to be myself this trip and not try to pretend to be someone else. If this is the freedom that my old job gave me by getting rid of me or eliminating my position or laying me off, or whatever, then I graciously thank them.
I am going to Kansas City as Julie today and maybe there is nothing wrong with her. :)

"To love what you do and feel that it matters, how could anything be more fun?"
Katharine Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment